Friday, October 10, 2014

Georgio Julius Montagna of Italy #52Ancestors #36

I know very little about Georgio Julius Montagna. He was born in Italy by my estimate about 1850.

Map of unification of Italy, 1815-70. Public Domain
He was married to Elizabetta Rosa Bonnine.

He is named in the marriage of his daughter Juilia to Bernardino Fratoddi in Manhattan, New York:

Name: Bernardino Fratoddi
Spouse's Name: Juilia Montagna
Event Date: 09 May 1905
Event Place: Manhattan, New York, New York
Father's Name: Giuseppe
Mother's Name: Flavia Salirae
Spouse's Father's Name: Georgio
Spouse's Mother's Name: Elizabeth Bonnine

He is given as Juilia's father on her death certificate as Julius:
Name: Julia M. Fratoddi
Death date: 08 Dec 1957
Death place: Birmingham, Jefferson, Alabama
Gender: Female
Age at death: 78y
Estimated birth year: 1879
Father's name: Julius Montagna
Mother's name: Rose

Georgio married Elizabetta Rosa Bonnine in Italy.

I know that he was in Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy around 1878 because Juilia (Giulia in Italian) was born there in October of that year. I'm sure there were other children but I haven't found them yet.

I will continue to search for more records. If you have any info on this family I would love to hear from you.