Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Phelan Tidwell and Son Beverly Clinton Tidwell, Bessemer, AL


Phelan and his son Beverly Clinton (B.C.) Tidwell


This is a photo handed down to me from my mom. The location is in front of the Sullivan Lewis Lumber Company in Bessemer, Alabama. The business would later become Long-Lewis, which is still in business as a well known local car dealership. 

Phelan was a Civil War veteran and made pocket money in his old age by sharpening knives.

A copy of this photo was donated by me to the Bessemer Hall of History Museum.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev!
    Love the photo,looks like their up to no good :D

    Keep up the good work!

    On a side note, my husband has a Potter/Tidwell marriage in TN or KY in the Mid 1700's.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Rumor has it all the Tidwells can be traced back to a few brothers from England, so I guess we're related ;-)

    ReplyDelete